Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: ELMO Projectors for DV telecine

  1. #1
    Inactive Member souper8's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2001
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hey Guys,

    I'm planning on transfering my super8 footage to mini-dv. I have a Sony PD-150 which can record full frames at 15 frames sec. Is it possible to have an Elmo run at 15 frames a sec. Would this be a good idea?

    I can convert the files to run at 24 frames a sec in my computer without doing a 3/2 pulldown. I can always do a 3/2 pulldown for video after everything has been edited and still have a 24fps computer file.

    Any ideas on which Elmo will be good for conversion? I'm considering a ST-180E, GS-1200, and a ST-600M. Is it worth the extra money for a GS machine?

    Thanks for all suggestions and info.

    Cheers,
    Souper8

  2. #2
    Inactive Member tom hardwick's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 1999
    Posts
    144
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The GS1200 is King Bee and when you see it and try and lift it you'll know why. 4 motors, 2 loudspeakers, optical and magnetic sound, 200 watt lamp and so on. It's also fairly easy to convert them to a 2 bladed shutter (though the Beaulieu and Fumeo could be had with 2 bladed shutters from new).

    The GS 1200 has a fine speed control that gives +- 10% or so. I use one for all my transfers (PAL) and it gives excellent results to Mini DV. I don't use the f1,0 lens that came with it as I have a better Schneider Kreutznach from my Noris.

    Interesting idea you have for projecting and also recording at 15fps, upping the frame rate on the timeline. I wish you well, and look forward to hearing how you get on.

    tom.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member souper8's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 23rd, 2001
    Posts
    51
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Has anyone ever tried transfering at 15fps? I'm planning on trying that with an Elmo. Any ideas on which Elmo would be a good choice?
    Thanks
    souper8

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •